Make a routine to put Oilcure almond oil nasal drops, 3-4 drops in both...
Oilcure Knee Power is a miraculous natural, herbal, Ayurvedic knee pain...
Flax Seed Contains these essential Vitamins and Minerals like Vitamin B...
The health benefits of Jeera (cumin) oil include its ability to aid in...
Green Coffee is an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and phytonutrients...
Kalonji seeds oil is useful for Joint pains, Arthritis, Kidney pain or...
Oilcure Five Nectars, precisely means, five life enhancing fluids / Oils...
Oil Cure Coriander oil is a wonderful herb to provide an overall good...
Oilcure Sunflower seeds are power packed with vitamin E, copper, calcium...
Moringa or Sahjan powder or Sajna powder is used for Anemia, arthritis...
NxtGen saffron / Kashmiri kesar is...
NxtGen saffron / Kashmiri kesar is carefully handpicked right from heaven on the earth, Kashmir. Saffron or keshar in Hindi is the most expansive spice of the world, because of its unique aroma and ability to control heartbeat rate, blood pressure, boosts vitality and immunity. In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ kesar or sweets with kesar to honourable guests.
6 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
NxtGen Saffron is pure Kashmiri Kesar or Keshar, rich in aroma and appearance. Saffron is valued very high right from ancient ages of Kings and Queens. Saffron had been always very expensive flower threads which has lot of medicinal values. Saffron is the dried stigma of Crocus Sativus flower, i.e. the thread like part at the center which contains pollen. Only three strands of saffron are obtained from a single flower! Saffron traditionally involves a great deal of human labor thus making it one of the most popular and expensive herb across the globe. In India, this golden herb is produced in the Kashmir valley and has always been in high demand. It is often regarded as the ‘king of spices’ and commands a huge price.
In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ kesar or sweets with kesar to honourable guests to mark the respect. After wedding, on the first night, the couple is served with full glass of milk with 10-12 strands of kesar or saffron, as it is considered one of the finest instant aphrodisiac in India.
Medicinal benefits of Saffron:
1. Good memory booster and Parkinson's: Studies suggest that saffron contains a chemical named crocin, is very good in the treatment of age related mental impairment. Japanese use saffron for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
2. Helps in delayed puberty, PMS and menstrual discomforts: Some girls, because of some hormones, get late puberty. Just one thread of saffron a day in milk helps stimulate hormones in girls and help getting puberty at correct age. Some research shows the taking saffron regularly for 3 months reduces pain during the menstrual cycle. Research shows that taking saffron / kesar improves symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome ) after two menstrual cycles.
3. Controls heart rate and Blood Pressure: Potassium in saffron is good in controlling heart beat by allowing to slow down thus protect the heart. Saffron or Kesar contains many important minerals such as cooper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. All are helpful in controlling blood pressure as well as in the formation of haemoglobin.
4. Saffron during Pregnancy:Saffron controls mood swings during pregnancy, as hormonal surges during pregnancy can make you cranky and impulsive. Saffron acts as an anti-depressant for those teary, gloomy days by boosting blood flow to brain which produces serotonin, a hormone which will definitely raise your spirit. Just 4-6 stands (petals) of saffron in milk would help to reduce the blood pressure in pregnant women. Saffron relaxes the muscles and acts as a uterine stimulant. it aids to digestion as well and curbs morning sickness as well. In India pregnant women take kesar to get fair colored baby delivery.
5. Saffron for Glowing, radiant and pimples free flawless skin : Make a face pack mixing of saffron / keshar (2 to 3 threads), milk (3 tsp) and sandalwood powder (1 tsp). Apply the paste on your face, massage gently and left it for 15 minutes followed by washing with fresh water. Once or twice weekly is enough. For Acne, Make a paste of Nxtgen Saffron 8-9 strands and basil leaves (6-7 leaves). Apply the paste over your face and wash the same after 10 minutes. This application is good in prevention of acne, blemishes, pimples, wrinkles and other black spots from the face.
6. To increase vitality and libido: In low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk before going to bed. Some early research suggests that taking saffron might reduce erectile dysfunction and increase the number and duration of erections. Saffron / kesar might improve sperm function in men.
7. Controls Cold and Cough : Saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
8. Alzheimer’s disease: Some research shows that taking saffron / kesar by mouth for 22 weeks might improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease about as well as the prescription drug donepezil (Aricept). On the contrast to this drug, taking kesar or saffron orally will not have much side effects, as in the case of drug like loss of appetite, gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, vomiting, or muscle cramping.
9. Saffron is anti depression: Saffron or Kesar is considered as good anti depression supplement for centuries. Various clinical trials also were conducted and they found it is good to supplement the person with saffron in moderate dosage. Taking saffron by mouth seems to improve symptoms of depression after 6-8 weeks of treatment. Some studies suggest that saffron might be as effective as taking a low-dose prescription antidepressant such as fluoxetine or imipramine.
Below link is one of the clinical trial for the same published in NCBI, USA Journal.
Saffron ( crocus sativus ) nutrition value per 100 gms.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||5.85 g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber||3.9 g||10%|
|Vitamin A||530 IU||18%|
|Vitamin C||80.8 mg||135%|
Precautions using saffron during Pregnancy :
1. Doctor’s advise against over 1 gm consumption of saffron per day. Saffron increases body’s heat which may lead to abortive conditions. It also triggers movements of the baby which are usually felt after the second trimester. It’s better to consult your obstetrician before consuming saffron.
2. Heart conditions: Saffron might affect how fast and how strong the heart beats. Taking large amounts of saffron might worsen some heart conditions.
3. Low blood pressure: Saffron might lower blood pressure. Taking saffron might make blood pressure become too low in people with low blood pressure.