Saffron / Kesar Kashmiri - (1g)
NxtGen saffron / Kashmiri kesar is carefully handpicked right from heaven on the earth, Kashmir. Saffron or keshar in Hindi is the most expansive spice of the world, because of its unique aroma and ability to control heartbeat rate, blood pressure, boosts vitality and immunity. In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ kesar or sweets with kesar to honourable guests.
NxtGen Saffron is pure Kashmiri Kesar or Keshar, rich in aroma and appearance. Saffron is valued very high right from ancient ages of Kings and Queens. Saffron had been always very expensive flower threads which has lot of medicinal values. Saffron is the dried stigma of Crocus Sativus flower, i.e. the thread like part at the center which contains pollen. Only three strands of saffron are obtained from a single flower! Saffron traditionally involves a great deal of human labor thus making it one of the most popular and expensive herb across the globe. In India, this golden herb is produced in the Kashmir valley and has always been in high demand. It is often regarded as the ‘king of spices’ and commands a huge price.
In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ kesar or sweets with kesar to honourable guests to mark the respect. After wedding, on the first night, the couple is served with full glass of milk with 10-12 strands of kesar or saffron, as it is considered one of the finest instant aphrodisiac in India.
Medicinal benefits of Saffron:
1. Good memory booster and Parkinson's: Studies suggest that saffron contains a chemical named crocin, is very good in the treatment of age related mental impairment. Japanese use saffron for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
2. Helps in delayed puberty, PMS and menstrual discomforts: Some girls, because of some hormones, get late puberty. Just one thread of saffron a day in milk helps stimulate hormones in girls and help getting puberty at correct age. Some research shows the taking saffron regularly for 3 months reduces pain during the menstrual cycle. Research shows that taking saffron / kesar improves symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome ) after two menstrual cycles.
3. Controls heart rate and Blood Pressure: Potassium in saffron is good in controlling heart beat by allowing to slow down thus protect the heart. Saffron or Kesar contains many important minerals such as cooper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. All are helpful in controlling blood pressure as well as in the formation of haemoglobin.
4. Saffron during Pregnancy:Saffron controls mood swings during pregnancy, as hormonal surges during pregnancy can make you cranky and impulsive. Saffron acts as an anti-depressant for those teary, gloomy days by boosting blood flow to brain which produces serotonin, a hormone which will definitely raise your spirit. Just 4-6 stands (petals) of saffron in milk would help to reduce the blood pressure in pregnant women. Saffron relaxes the muscles and acts as a uterine stimulant. it aids to digestion as well and curbs morning sickness as well. In India pregnant women take kesar to get fair colored baby delivery.
5. Saffron for Glowing, radiant and pimples free flawless skin : Make a face pack mixing of saffron / keshar (2 to 3 threads), milk (3 tsp) and sandalwood powder (1 tsp). Apply the paste on your face, massage gently and left it for 15 minutes followed by washing with fresh water. Once or twice weekly is enough. For Acne, Make a paste of Nxtgen Saffron 8-9 strands and basil leaves (6-7 leaves). Apply the paste over your face and wash the same after 10 minutes. This application is good in prevention of acne, blemishes, pimples, wrinkles and other black spots from the face.
6. To increase vitality and libido: In low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk before going to bed. Some early research suggests that taking saffron might reduce erectile dysfunction and increase the number and duration of erections. Saffron / kesar might improve sperm function in men.
7. Controls Cold and Cough : Saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
8. Alzheimer’s disease: Some research shows that taking saffron / kesar by mouth for 22 weeks might improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease about as well as the prescription drug donepezil (Aricept). On the contrast to this drug, taking kesar or saffron orally will not have much side effects, as in the case of drug like loss of appetite, gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, vomiting, or muscle cramping.
9. Saffron is anti depression: Saffron or Kesar is considered as good anti depression supplement for centuries. Various clinical trials also were conducted and they found it is good to supplement the person with saffron in moderate dosage. Taking saffron by mouth seems to improve symptoms of depression after 6-8 weeks of treatment. Some studies suggest that saffron might be as effective as taking a low-dose prescription antidepressant such as fluoxetine or imipramine.
Below link is one of the clinical trial for the same published in NCBI, USA Journal.
Saffron ( crocus sativus ) nutrition value per 100 gms.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||5.85 g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber||3.9 g||10%|
|Vitamin A||530 IU||18%|
|Vitamin C||80.8 mg||135%|
Precautions using saffron during Pregnancy :
1. Doctor’s advise against over 1 gm consumption of saffron per day. Saffron increases body’s heat which may lead to abortive conditions. It also triggers movements of the baby which are usually felt after the second trimester. It’s better to consult your obstetrician before consuming saffron.
2. Heart conditions: Saffron might affect how fast and how strong the heart beats. Taking large amounts of saffron might worsen some heart conditions.
3. Low blood pressure: Saffron might lower blood pressure. Taking saffron might make blood pressure become too low in people with low blood pressure.
16 other products in the same category:
Himalayan Rock Salt has been used in Indian and Asian kitchens for centuries for greater health. This rock salt has lot of trace minerals like, Iodine, Magnesium, manganese,calcium, chloride, iron, phosphorus, zinc, boron, potassium and sodium. All these are needed by our body for its maintenance.
Moxa Sticks mini or say Moxibustion helps prevent diseases and maintain good health naturally as part of detoxification treatments to help strengthen the organs and immune system. It warms the meridians and expels cold. It can be used to promote circulation over areas of chronic pain or muscle tension. This is based on the theory of acupressure meridians developed by the Chinese acupressure system.
Banana or say plantain stem is rich in fiber, which is great way to treat diabetes, indigestion and various kidney ailments. High fiber in it creates a feeling of full and reduces the craving of food. A rich source of potassium and vitamin B6 which helps in the production of insulin and hemoglobin. It maintains blood pressure levels and fluid balance within the body helps detoxify the body.
Oregano herb, can be used in your cooking and therapeutically as well. Widely used as seasoning on pizzas and lot many mediterranean foods. Sometimes it is called Pizza Spice. Oregano contains vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6, calcium, and potassium.
Vijaysar or say Pterocarpus Marsupium helps in lowering blood sugar level. Vijaysar is good in diarrhea, vitiligo, eczema, psoriasis, obesity, and diabetes. The anti-hyperlipidemic properties of Vijaysar help in reducing total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and serum triglyceride levels in the body. It is antibacterial and astringent helps to treat cuts, bruises, and other skin problems.
Sitopaladi Churna is an Ayurvedic product, used in the treatment of respiratory diseases, cough, burning sensation in palms and feet, low digestion power, loss of sensation in the tongue, pain in abdomen, flanks, anorexia, fever, bleeding from the nose.
Guava Leaves are power-packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, antibacterials which are very good for our stomach, digestive system and a lot of cancers including Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, and gastric cancer. Good for hair fall, obesity management or say weight loss. Helps to control the sugar levels in diabetes type-2.
Brahmi herb is a front-runner herb for improving mental health, improving memory, Alzheimer's, controlling anxiety and attention deficiency in adults and children as well. It is capable to cure irritable bowel syndrome as well. Brahmi increases some brain chemicals that are involved in thinking, learning, and memory.
Moringa or Sahjan powder or Sajna powder is used for Anemia, arthritis and other joint pain (rheumatism); asthma, cancer, constipation, diabetes, diarrhea, epilepsy, stomach pain, stomach and intestinal ulcers, intestinal spasms, headache, heart problems, high blood pressure, kidney stones, fluid retention; thyroid disorders. Moringa oleifera increases sex drive also.
Pomegranate leaves, pomegranate / anar fruit. Anar leaves, all are considered very good to treat Vitiligo, Insomnia, Dysentery, Abdominal pains and cramps, good for Eczema, Jaundice and the pomegranate herbal tea is good for cold and cough.
NxtGen Ayurveda Banaba Herbal Tea is 100% natural tea without caffeine or any side effects. Unlike many slimming teas which has lot of artificial additions to their main formulation, our banaba herbal tea is pure hygienic powder of naturally dried and hand picked organic banaba leaves. It is 100% organically grown.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Arrowroot powder, also known as arrowroot flour, ararot powder or arrowroot starch is a healthier alternative to the common cooking ingredients for bread, pasta, and cakes. Generally, arrowroot flour is used as a replacement for corn-starch as a healthier alternative. It is gluten-free, which makes it more valuable today with the rising incidence of celiac disease in many countries.
Niger Seed Oil helps to prevent gastrointestinal problems, good in autism and ADHD, fighting inflammation, supporting cardiovascular health, inducing sleep, repairing cells and tissues, caring for the skin, preventing cough and the common cold, supporting blood circulation, and relieving pain.
Sidr honey or Berry Honey is good for liver problems, stomach ulcers, respiratory infections, eye diseases, facilitates menstruation, berry honey strengthened the immune systems and this sidr honey promotes general health and vitality. This is a great natural antioxidant and natural aphrodisiac.
Nxtgen Amla Powder is pure, natural with no added chemicals or preservatives. Amla Powder is commonly known as a wonderful superfood which helps to get rid of various health, skin and hair issues. It is highly rich in Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. It helps to maintain cholesterol levels, repair cell damages, fight inflammation, diabetes, constipation, and other related issues
Multani Mitti or Fullers earth has quite a number of benefits and uses for various skin types. The most popular use for skin is as a face pack or mask. Face packs are available for dry, oily, acne-prone and normal skin types. Other than face masks, it is also used as a body wash or a paste for the whole body. Multani mitti is good for your scalp and hair too.
Sonth or dry ginger powder is much more powerful than fresh ginger. Sonth improves the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, increases appetite, great for improving digestion and also serves as a detoxifying agent. Ginger or sonth powder helps overcome fever, is anti-bacterial and an analgesic.
Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy in Hindi has a lot of chemicals which have antioxidant activity on the human body, resulting in higher immunity levels and delayed aging process. Because Giloy has its antioxidant property It helps curbing cancer cells to grow. Giloy powder improves blood circulation, helps in treating numbness and tingling sensation in feet and hand.