Giloy Powder - 100 gms
Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy in Hindi has a lot of chemicals which have antioxidant activity on the human body, resulting in higher immunity levels and delayed aging process. Because Giloy has its antioxidant property It helps curbing cancer cells to grow. Giloy powder improves blood circulation, helps in treating numbness and tingling sensation in feet and hand.
What if you have shield or protection against all general diseases? Of course, you will have quality health.
Giloy is a divine herb which is capable of proving good health to all. It improves your immunity levels quickly. It has a lot of antioxidant activity on our body resulting in delaying the aging process. We all know the common fact that, if our immune system, or say our shield against diseases is strong, sure we are less prone to diseases. Giloy is doing exactly doing the same to protect us falling ill. Its principal constituents are tiospirone, tinosporide, tinosporaside, cordifolide, cordifol, heptacosanol and tinosporidine ...all of these are effective in removing body toxins and improving the immune system.
Benefits of Oilcure Giloy Powder:
1. Immunity Booster: Giloy improves defense mechanism of our body in a big way, resulting in total immunity booster. Because of this our defense mechanism will not easily allow many common and certain uncommon diseases to get into our system. Kwath is great for immunity boost.
2. Good in Hey fever and Chronic fevers: Giloy is said to be very effective in treating recurring fevers, generally in kids. It treats hay fever as well.
3. Good in Jaundice and Hepatitis: Ayurveda describes guduchi as being useful in conditions of hepatitis and jaundice due to its ability to detoxify the liver. In a clinical trial, liver toxicity was induced in rats, followed by the administration of an alcohol extract of guduchi. The extract protected the livers of the rats, showing that guduchi has clinically significant hepatoprotective properties.
4. Anti Tumor: Giloy is a wonderful medicinal plant having certain phytochemicals which have antioxidant properties which help in the treatment of many diseases including cancer. Perhaps the most important genetic diseases. Recently, the anticancer activity of the extracts of some Indian medicinal plants including Giloy has been studied by Savita Dixit and Huma Ali which has been published in J. Chem. Cheml. Sci. Vol. I (I) 79-85.
5. Anti Swine flu / Anti Dengue / Anti Chickenguniya: Apart from the recent swine flu generated curiosity, giloy or amrita is one herb which is useful in counteracting infection and promoting resistance to infectious diseases. It is a constituent of several compound preparations in Ayurveda.
6. Lowers Blood Sugar (anti Diabetes): This powder with water daily, if taken, in the morning, on empty stomach is useful in controlling blood sugar...( dietary restrictions not to be forgotten).
7. Anti Allergy: Guduchi was found to be useful in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, an allergic condition characterized by sneezing, mucus discharge from the nose, sinus congestion, and related symptoms. The study showed that guduchi gave significant relief to allergic symptoms.
8. Stress buster: Another study compared the anti-stress effects of guduchi and gotu kola in comparison to diazepam. Ethanol extracts of guduchi and gotu kola showed "significant anti-stress activity", especially in comparison to the pharmaceutical, diazepam.16 In a study published in Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology, guduchi was found to have anti-tumor properties. According to the study, an alcohol extraction of guduchi was shown to activate tumor-associated macrophages (white blood cells that eat cancer cells
9. Blood Purifier( Detox) and maintains uric acid level: It is considered to be a blood purifier and detoxification agent, it is considered to detoxify the micro circulatory system ( lymphatic system and blood circulatory system) and it has the unique ability to remove toxins from both exogenous and endogenous sources. The bitter principles of the herb help in such effective detoxification (a herb is a bitter group of herbs called 'kashaya' in ayurveda. Giloy helps in maintaining healthy uric acid levels.
10. Anti Asthma: When this powder taken with whey helps in curing asthma and other respiratory ailments.
11. Helps in rare Auto Immune Disease like Behcet Syndrome: Behcet's (beh-CHETS) disease, also called Behcet's syndrome, is a rare disorder that causes blood vessel inflammation throughout your body. This Giloy powder along with Manjistha Powder and Triphala Powder helps a lot in controlling the inflammation of nerves.
12. Hemoglobin / anti-anemia: Also as is claimed in Ayurveda, the juice of wheatgrass, giloy and aloe vera is considered very beneficial in the treatment of blood cancer. A teaspoon of Giloy powder, 3-4 inch piece of aloe leaf and a cup full of wheatgrass has to be juiced together......the green juice is considered to lessen chemotherapy sessions This juice can improve hemoglobin levels within a fortnight ...up to 3 units....it works.
13. Giloy for urinary infections: Giloy is used to cure all type urinary infections such as UTI, uricouria, ketonuria, glycouria, haematuria, albuminuria, dysuria, crystaluria, burning micturition in cystitis, urethritis and particularly in diabetes mellitus.
Other benefits of Giloy:
What should be the dose?
If the powder is indicated by your doctor, the usual dose of powder is – 1 – 3 grams in divided doses per day.
If Kashayam ( juice) is indicated, the dose of Kashayam is usually 30 – 50 ml once or twice per day.
Each remedy for the said diseases can be taken for a period of 2 – 8 weeks based on doctor’s advice.
Safe for kids?
It is safe to use this for kids above 5 years of age, for a short period of 1 – 2 weeks, under medical supervision.
During pregnancy and lactation?
Better to avoid during pregnancy. Fine to take it during the lactation period.
External Links :
US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3644751/