Zatar Spice - 400 gms
Zaatar is popular in the middle east. It is a delicious savory spice made of thyme, Oregano, Cumin, Coriander, sesame seeds, sumac, salt, and olive oil. It is often eaten with olive oil and bread and is excellent with cheese. Great antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and memory booster.
The herb with super brain power
Zaatar is being used the most in Israel and Middle Eastern countries. As children, many of us were told by our parents that it helps make us smarter. But based on scientific research is this true? Yes! And we’ll tell you why. First, let us discuss what Zaatar is. It is a delicious savory spice made of thyme, Oregano, Cumin, Coriander, sesame seeds, sumac, salt, and olive oil. It is often eaten with olive oil and bread and is excellent with cheese, salads. What makes zaatar so special is not only its flavor but its nutritional value. Packed with antioxidants and nutrients that boost the immune system, fight inflammation (where many chronic diseases stem from), increases circulation and yes it does aid memory.
Here are 9 health benefits of Zaatar:
1) It aids memory/ brain power due to increased circulation of blood and oxygen to the brain.
2) It’s great for your respiratory tract, congestion, which is why thyme is often used for people suffering from the cold and flu and asthma.
3) It increases energy, packed with nutrients to make you feel energized and increases metabolism.
4) Zaatar fights inflammation internally and can prevent chronic diseases.
5) The ingredients in zaatar fight depression and increase energy.
6) Heals the skin from bites and can soothe aching bones.
7) Boosts the immune system
8) It has cancer-fighting properties
9) Anti-aging, great for the skin!
Try to incorporate some Zaatar in your diet every day, sprinkle on top of your pizza, cheese sandwich, salads, masala papad for breakfast or season your chicken!