Kashmiri Kesar - 2 Gms
NxtGen saffron / Kashmiri Kesar is carefully handpicked right from heaven on the earth, Kashmir. Saffron or keshar in Hindi is the most expansive spice of the world, because of its unique aroma and ability to control heartbeat rate, blood pressure, boosts vitality and immunity. In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ Kesar or sweets with Kesar to honorable guests.
NxtGen Saffron is pure Kashmiri Kesar or Keshar, rich in aroma and appearance. Saffron is valued very high right from the ancient ages of Kings and Queens. Saffron had been always very expensive flower threads which have a lot of medicinal values. Saffron is the dried stigma of Crocus Sativus flower, i.e. the thread-like part at the center which contains pollen. Only three strands of saffron are obtained from a single flower! Saffron traditionally involves a great deal of human labor thus making it one of the most popular and expensive herbs across the globe. In India, this golden herb is produced in the Kashmir valley and has always been in high demand. It is often regarded as the ‘king of spices’ and commands a huge price.
In India, from ages, it was a good gesture to give milk with saffron/ Kesar or sweets with Kesar to honorable guests to mark the respect. After the wedding, on the first night, the couple is served with a full glass of milk with 10-12 strands of Kesar or saffron, as it is considered one of the finest instant aphrodisiac in India.
Medicinal benefits of Saffron:
1. Good memory booster and Parkinson's: Studies suggest that saffron contains a chemical named crocin, is very good in the treatment of age-related mental impairment. Japanese use saffron for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, memory loss, and inflammation.
2. Helps in delayed puberty, PMS and menstrual discomforts: Some girls, because of some hormones, get late puberty. Just one thread of saffron a day in milk helps stimulate hormones in girls and help getting puberty at the correct age. Some research shows the taking saffron regularly for 3 months reduces pain during the menstrual cycle. Research shows that taking saffron/ Kesar improves symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome ) after two menstrual cycles.
3. Controls heart rate and Blood Pressure: Potassium in saffron is good in controlling heartbeat by allowing to slow down thus protect the heart. Saffron or Kesar contains many important minerals such as copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. All are helpful in controlling blood pressure as well as in the formation of hemoglobin.
4. Saffron during Pregnancy: Saffron controls mood swings during pregnancy, as hormonal surges during pregnancy can make you cranky and impulsive. Saffron acts as an anti-depressant for those teary, gloomy days by boosting blood flow to the brain which produces serotonin, a hormone which will definitely raise your spirit. Just 4-6 stands (petals) of saffron in milk would help to reduce the blood pressure in pregnant women. Saffron relaxes the muscles and acts as a uterine stimulant. it aids to digestion as well and curbs morning sickness as well. In India, pregnant women take kesar to get fair colored baby delivery.
5. Saffron for Glowing, radiant and pimples free flawless skin : Make a face pack mixing of saffron / keshar (2 to 3 threads), milk (3 tsp) and sandalwood powder (1 tsp). Apply the paste on your face, massage gently and left it for 15 minutes followed by washing with fresh water. Once or twice weekly is enough. For Acne, Make a paste of Nxtgen Saffron 8-9 strands and basil leaves (6-7 leaves). Apply the paste over your face and wash the same after 10 minutes. This application is good in the prevention of acne, blemishes, pimples, wrinkles and other black spots from the face.
6. To increase vitality and libido: In low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk before going to bed. Some early research suggests that taking saffron might reduce erectile dysfunction and increase the number and duration of erections. Saffron / kesar might improve sperm function in men.
7. Controls Cold and Cough : Saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
8. Alzheimer’s disease: Some research shows that taking saffron / kesar by mouth for 22 weeks might improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease about as well as the prescription drug donepezil (Aricept). On the contrast to this drug, taking kesar or saffron orally will not have much side effects, as in the case of drug like loss of appetite, gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, vomiting, or muscle cramping.
9. Saffron is anti-depression: Saffron or Kesar is considered a good anti-depression supplement for centuries. Various clinical trials also were conducted and they found it is good to supplement the person with saffron in moderate dosage. Taking saffron by mouth seems to improve symptoms of depression after 6-8 weeks of treatment. Some studies suggest that saffron might be as effective as taking a low-dose prescription antidepressant such as fluoxetine or imipramine.
Below link is one of the clinical trial for the same published in NCBI, USA Journal.
Saffron ( crocus sativus ) nutrition value per 100 gms.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||5.85 g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber||3.9 g||10%|
|Vitamin A||530 IU||18%|
|Vitamin C||80.8 mg||135%|
Precautions using saffron during Pregnancy :
1. Doctor’s advise against over 1 gm consumption of saffron per day. Saffron increases body’s heat which may lead to abortive conditions. It also triggers movements of the baby which are usually felt after the second trimester. It’s better to consult your obstetrician before consuming saffron.
2. Heart conditions: Saffron might affect how fast and how strong the heart beats. Taking large amounts of saffron might worsen some heart conditions.
3. Low blood pressure: Saffron might lower blood pressure. Taking saffron might make blood pressure become too low in people with low blood pressure.
No customer reviews for the moment.
16 other products in the same category:
Arrowroot powder, also known as arrowroot flour, ararot powder or arrowroot starch is a healthier alternative to the common cooking ingredients for bread, pasta, and cakes. Generally, arrowroot flour is used as a replacement for corn-starch as a healthier alternative. It is gluten-free, which makes it more valuable today with the rising incidence of celiac disease in many countries.
Dhana Dal or Dhaniya Dal or Roasted Coriander seeds are very good seeds to eat after food. It gives refreshing taste and clears bad odor in mouth. It helps in digestion and proper absorption of nutritions in the food. It is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory in nature, and hence, consuming dhana dal after meals have many medicinal benefits like it helps in insomnia, indigestion.
Himalayan Single Clove Garlic or the Snow Garlic or mountain garlic or the Kashmiri Garlic (as this is found commonly in the Kashmir region of India) as it is popularly referred to as. These garlic are different from regular garlic, small pointy somewhat lotus-like structure with a hard surface and pungent smell.
Cassia Cinnamon or Dalchini powder is good for Gas, Diabetes, Candida, Weight loss, Cancer, Alzheimer's, Toenail fungus, Parkinson's, Stomach flu and much more. This is a taste enhancer in many eastern dishes and used in bakery items as well.
Punarnava (Hogweed) means ‘bring back to life’ or ‘renewer’ that is what this wonderful herb really does. Punarnava leaf powder corrects the digestive system, alleviates fluid retention and very useful in managing heart diseases. Punarnava also benefits in anemia, hernia and respiratory distress. Punarnava can also be taken in liver problems and managing lipids and cholesterol in healthy limits. Great in reducing swelling in leg, feet and face.
Mango leaves contain tannin, alkaloids, gliosis, steroids, triterpenoids, saponins, mangiferin, phenolic and flavonoid components. In addition, mango leaves have antimicrobial properties that can be used as a functional food. Mango leaves are used to control diabetes and high blood pressure.
Viruses, bacterias or microorganisms are there in the world for ages, they will never disappear from this atmosphere. There are more than 400 different viruses that can cause infections, including the common cold, the flu, respiratory issues( recently by SARS, H1N1 and Coronavirus COVID19) hepatitis, mononucleosis and HIV? Luckily, there are a number of powerful antiviral herbs that boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and fight infections. We have to make our body strong enough to fight with this harmful microorganism. Licorice (Mulethi), Kutki, Oregano, Ginger, Turmeric, Tulsi, Ceylon Cinnamon, peppermint and fennel are age-old tested natural herbs for immunity buildup against all these threats.
Niger seeds raw. Nowadays niger seeds are very popular for various health conditions. Niger seeds improve Heart Health, Reduces Inflammation, Heals Wounds, Immune System Booster, Good for Rheumatism, Sleep Aid, Give Relief from Cold and Flu, Gastrointestinal Issues, Curbs Morning Sickness, Speed Healing, Protect the Skin, Weight Gain.
Phool Makhana by Nxtgen Ayurveda is a super snack with loads of health benefits. This non cereal food is superior to many dry fruits like almond, coconut, walnut or cashew in terms of proteins, phenol or ascorbic acids that is vitamin C. Phool makhana is low on sodium and high in magnesium, that makes it beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
Alfalfa helps lower cholesterol, great seeds for blood sugar control, and relieving symptoms of menopause. People also take it for its high content of antioxidants, vitamin c and K, copper folate, and magnesium. Alfalfa is extremely low in calories, so makes great nutrients for health-conscious people.
Banaba is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of diabetes. The Banaba leaves and flowers contain corrosolic acid, a substance being studied for its insulin-like effect of lowering the glucose in the body. Banaba is also being studied as a weight-loss supplement for its ability to delay or reduce the absorption of carbohydrates.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Ceylon Cinnamon is from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and is the only true cinnamon. It has the best medicinal values in the world. Cinnamon or Dalchini powder is good for Gas, Diabetes, Candida, Weight loss, Cancer, Alzheimer's, Toenail fungus, Parkinson's, Stomach flu and much more. It is much much better than our local Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian Dalchini - that is actually cassia, not cinnamon.
Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is the spine of Ayurveda, too good in chronic diseases like arthritis, Insomnia, asthma, tuberculosis, backache, various tumors, cancers, anxiety, stress, menstrual problems, hiccups, and chronic liver diseases. It fights Alzheimer's Disease as well. Ashwagandha gives power and energy to the person from inside. Improves your muscle strength. Some studies by a Japanes Lab and IIT Delhi suggests Ashwagandha may be great candidate for many virus like corona virus COVID-19.
Moringa or Sahjan powder or Sajna powder is used for Anemia, arthritis and other joint pain (rheumatism); asthma, cancer, constipation, diabetes, diarrhea, epilepsy, stomach pain, stomach and intestinal ulcers, intestinal spasms, headache, heart problems, high blood pressure, kidney stones, fluid retention; thyroid disorders. Moringa oleifera increases sex drive also.
Curry Leaves are used as seasoning / flavoring agent in Indian kitchens. A powerful antioxidant, rich in calcium, iron, folic acid, fiber, vitamin A, B, C and E. curry leaves strengthens your hair, skin and heart naturally. Great aid in Digestion, Liver, eye sight, diabetes, cholesterol management, fights against cancer.
This great mustard oil has an amazing set of numerous benefits. It is great for the overall health as well as in the kitchen, especially in the Indian household. It has a great presence of the Omega acids. Its key nutrients include monousaturated, polusaturated and saturated fats.
Manjistha is helpful in removing toxins present in blood. These toxins are responsible for various skin diseases and joint disorders. It is Considered best natural treatment for Pimples, Acne and Varicose Veins. Improves complexion of skin, improves quality of voice and improves functioning of liver. Manjishtha also corrects the functioning of the whole urinary system and prevents kidney stones.
Pure Rose Water. Steam distilled premium rose water. Food grade for food purposes and topical skin/face or facial uses. Rosewater is a great nourisher and moisturizer for your skin and hair. This rose water hydrates your flaky skin on your face.
Triphala is a combination of Amla, Behda and Harde. in ayurveda it is called TRI DOSH NASHAK, which means it cures 3 basic problems of Vata, Pitta, and cougha. it is helpful in constipation, digestion issues and good for eyes, hair, stomach etc. Great help in piles and fissures.