Sadabahar Leaves Powder - 100 gms
Sadabahar Leaves powder is being used for controlling high sugar ( diabetes). Despite safety concerns, Madagascar periwinkle is used for diabetes, cancer, and sore throat. It is also used as a cough remedy, for easing lung congestion and to reduce fluid retention by increasing urine production (as a diuretic).
Sadabahar or Vinca rosea contains 2 classes of active compounds, the alkaloids, and the tannins. More than 100 alkaloids have been found in this plant of which vincristine and vinblastine are most notable for their medicinal benefits.
Madagascar periwinkle might alter the immune system, increase the production of urine (diuretic), and lower blood sugar.
Sadabahar or the Vinca rosea plant has been used both in Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese medicine. The leaves, flowers, and roots are used in Ayurvedic medicine. Chinese medicine uses the extracts of the plant for diseases such as diabetes, malaria, leukemia and Hodgkin's disease.
In traditional medicine, the leaf juice has been used to treat wasp stings, a gargle is used for sore throats, flower extracts are used for infants' eyewash. Periwinkle tea is used to treat diabetes and cough.
Some of the health benefits of Sadabahar, periwinkle or vinca rose plant are :
- The leaves and stems are a source of alkaloids that have anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties.
- The leaves are used to control diabetes and high blood pressure.
- The alkaloids also offer sedative and tranquilizing properties.
- It relieves muscle pain and depression.
- Because of its property of detoxification and counteracting poison, it is used to relieve wasp stings.
- Sadabahar controls nosebleeds, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers and sore throats.
- It is useful in treating gastritis, cystitis, enteritis, diarrhea, diabetes, etc when taken internally.
- The vinca rose plant ensures brain health. Its active ingredients improve blood supply to the brain, increase the level of oxygen that the brain can utilize. It also raises serotonin levels and prevents abnormal coagulation of blood.
- The alkaloid vincamine keeps the blood thin and has memory enhancing properties. It is therefore useful in preventing dementia, especially vascular dementia.
Recommended usage: Generally 1/2 Tsp. with water.
Sadabahar leaves powder should be taken strictly under doctor's supervision only.
Madagascar periwinkle is not safe when taken by mouth due to the presence of poisonous chemicals known as vinca alkaloids. Madagascar periwinkle can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, hearing loss, dizziness, bleeding, nerve problems, seizures, liver damage, low blood sugar,