Chia Seeds Raw 200 gm
Chia Seeds are called superfood, as it can provide energy, proteins, minerals, fiber, Omega3 minerals with less calories. Chia can supply lot of nutrients in large RDA with very less consumption of Chia Seeds. Chia seeds has the ideal ratio of 3:1 of omega 3 to omega 6. Easy to digest and ready to eat seeds.
"Chia" is the ancient Mayan word for "strength." Mayan Civilization used to eat chia seeds as a dietary staple. Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans.
Warriors used to have Chia seeds with them during war times. They used to eat a small feast full of chia seeds to energize themselves. It would not let them feel starved/hungry, and have fewer cravings for food, still maintaining the energy level perfectly. That is why chia seeds are called "Warrior Food."
In just a single ounce, which supplies only 137calories and one gram of digestible carbohydrate. 1 ounce equals 28 grams or about 2 tablespoons.
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
- Dietary Fiber: 11 grams. ( 37% by weight)
- Protein: 4.4 grams. ( 20% protein by weight)
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
- Calcium: 177 mg - 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 0.6 mg -30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 93 mg - 23% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 265 mg - 27% of the RDA.
- Chia also contains a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
- Chia seeds also contain essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid; mucin; strontium’ vitamins A, B, E and D;, and minerals, including sulphur, iron, iodine, niacin and thiamine; and they’re a rich source of antioxidants.
- High in antioxidants - orac value of 10,000, vitamin E equilant
Health Benefits of Oilcure Chia seeds:
1. Rich in Omega 3: Chia seeds have no cholesterol or sodium, and only trace amounts of trans fats. Most of the fats it contains are poly-unsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), and its dominating PUFA is alpha-linolenic acid. Alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA, is a type of omega-3 fatty acid that has been shown to exert numerous positive health effects. omega 3 fatty acids are very good for overall good health. A deficiency of such fatty acids may lead to poor memory, depression, fatigue, poor circulation, or dry skin. People who don't eat fish (such as people following a vegan diet) have an increased risk of being deficient in omega-3s and therefore benefit greatly from adding chia seed oil to their diet. Omega-3 fatty acids Protect against cardiovascular diseases. Omega-3s prevents blood clots and to reduce inflammation in the artery walls.
2. Digestive Health: Chia seed is rich in fiber, providing about 11 grams per ounce( 28 gms). Fiber is required to balance insulin levels. Seeds like flax and chia can be a natural blood sugar balancer due to their high fiber content and healthy fats. High in dietary fiber, chia seeds benefit bowel regularity and healthy stool. The good fiber content in chia seeds helps people feel more full quicker because it absorbs a considerable amount of water and immediately expands in the stomach when eaten. That is why people who want to lose weight can start having this regularly.
3. Diabetes: Chia seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acid and fiber, researchers from the University of Litoral in Argentina set out to determine how chia seeds can help prevent metabolic disorders like dyslipidemia (excessive fat in the blood) and insulin resistance, which are two factors in the development of diabetes. A lot of fiber per gram in chia heal a lot in regulating insulin and thus diabetes.
4. Weight Loss: Chia seed is rich in protein and fiber, both of these are a great aid for weight loss. The fiber absorbs large amounts of water and expands in the stomach, which should increase fullness and slow the absorption of food.
Recommended dosage: Generally 1 tsp either with salads, shakes, desserts to make them more healthier!
No customer reviews for the moment.
16 other products in the same category:
Niger seeds raw. Nowadays niger seeds are very popular for various health conditions. Niger seeds improve Heart Health, Reduces Inflammation, Heals Wounds, Immune System Booster, Good for Rheumatism, Sleep Aid, Give Relief from Cold and Flu, Gastrointestinal Issues, Curbs Morning Sickness, Speed Healing, Protect the Skin, Weight Gain.
Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is the spine of Ayurveda, too good in chronic diseases like arthritis, Insomnia, asthma, tuberculosis, backache, various tumors, cancers, anxiety, stress, menstrual problems, hiccups, and chronic liver diseases. It fights Alzheimer's Disease as well. Ashwagandha gives power and energy to the person from inside. Improves your muscle strength. Some studies by a Japanes Lab and IIT Delhi suggests Ashwagandha may be great candidate for many virus like corona virus COVID-19.
Cassia Cinnamon or Dalchini powder is good for Gas, Diabetes, Candida, Weight loss, Cancer, Alzheimer's, Toenail fungus, Parkinson's, Stomach flu and much more. This is a taste enhancer in many eastern dishes and used in bakery items as well.
As the name suggests, this is a pure infusion of fresh moringa and peppermint. We all know the benefits of moringa which includes digestion, aging, cholesterol control, digestion, hair growth, blood sugar level. While on the other hand, the benefits of peppermint include, headache, gastric issues, immunity and so much more. Apart from the benefits, it tastes great too!
Oilcure Pumpkin Seeds are one of the efficient ways to have alkaline sources of nutrition. It provides you with all the 9 essential amino acids required by our body for synthesizing all proteins and building blocks, maintaining the good health of cells and muscles. Has a lot of magnesium and zinc for maintaining male sex hormones.
Phool Makhana by Nxtgen Ayurveda is a super snack with loads of health benefits. This non cereal food is superior to many dry fruits like almond, coconut, walnut or cashew in terms of proteins, phenol or ascorbic acids that is vitamin C. Phool makhana is low on sodium and high in magnesium, that makes it beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
Peppermint leaves powder is an aromatic herb to give us fresh and healthy feeling instantly. It is good in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), coughs, colds, asthma, allergies and tuberculosis, infantile colic, gastric trouble and headaches associated with gas and IBS. good for hair and skin care.
Kaunch Beej or Mucuna pruriens is being used by sportspersons to increase their muscle mass. Kaunch seeds also help in improving the memory power and help to gain weight which is lost due to excessive exercise. Mucuna pruriens have been long used to increase the sexual libido & stamina in both men and women, erectile / erection dysfunction. One of the effective help for Parkinson's as well.
Pink rock salt is much superior to sea salt or common table salt. It is known to promote healthy pH balance of cells in the body. Helps regulate blood pressure, blood sugar level and natural sleep cycle. It Contains 84 minerals / trace minerals. It is an excellent source of magnesium too. The average grain size is 3-5 mm.
Himalayan Rock Salt has been used in Indian and Asian kitchens for centuries for greater health. This rock salt has lot of trace minerals like, Iodine, Magnesium, manganese,calcium, chloride, iron, phosphorus, zinc, boron, potassium and sodium. All these are needed by our body for its maintenance.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Flaxseed oil is beneficial in helping to reduce high cholesterol. The risk of heart disease is lower in individuals who take flax seed oil. Several studies have found that this oil seems to be able to calm the inner lining of the inflamed intestines. Another benefit exists as there is a high content of mucilage in flax and this is an effective natural laxative.
Rose petals are used as a flavoring agent with ordinary (regular) tea. Rose petals can be combined with other herbs to make herbal teas. Rose flowers are used as food, also usually as a flavoring or to add their scent to food. We can use the Rose petals for making ice cream and kulfi. These rose petals can be used to make homemade Gulkand.
Banaba is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of diabetes. The Banaba leaves and flowers contain corrosolic acid, a substance being studied for its insulin-like effect of lowering the glucose in the body. Banaba is also being studied as a weight-loss supplement for its ability to delay or reduce the absorption of carbohydrates.
Pink rock salt is much superior to sea salt or common table salt. It is known to promote healthy pH balance of cells in the body. Helps regulate blood pressure, blood sugar level and natural sleep cycle. It Contains 84 minerals / trace minerals. It is an excellent source of magnesium too. This salt is in powder form.
Niger Seed Oil helps to prevent gastrointestinal problems, good in autism and ADHD, fighting inflammation, supporting cardiovascular health, inducing sleep, repairing cells and tissues, caring for the skin, preventing cough and the common cold, supporting blood circulation, and relieving pain.
Nxtgen Ayurveda Lemon Grass Pure Infusion is good for Weight loss, Detoxifying, Anti-inflammatory and anti-septic, and new researches suggest that lemongrass works as Anti-cancer measure. Lemon Grass pure infusion tea is Naturally Caffeine Free.