Peppermint Pure Infusion - 100 gm
Peppermint infusion is pure peppermint leaves with fresh young stems of peppermint to give you maximum health benefits. peppermint is good for digestion, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Colonic Spasm and Gastric troubles, hay fever, headaches etc.
Peppermint pure infusion are dehydrated leaves and young stems of peppermint. Peppermint is widely known for its ability to cure IBS - Irritable bowel syndrome, great aid to improve digestion etc.
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a hardy perennial herb that is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint. With a long history of therapeutic use for a variety of ailments that extends back to ancient Egypt, peppermint is referred to as “the world’s oldest medicine.”
Peppermint is used for the common cold, cough, inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, and respiratory infections. It is also used for digestive problems including heartburn, nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts, upset stomach, diarrhea, bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, and gas. Some people also use peppermint for menstrual problems, liver and gallbladder complaints, preventing spasms during endoscopy procedures, and as a stimulant.
Nutritionally, peppermint offers vitamins A and C, iron, potassium, fiber, and it’s low-calorie. Its refreshing flavor and cooling sensation have lead to its inclusion in many products including mouthwash, toothpaste, soap, and ointment.
Health benefits of Peppermint infusion tea:
1. Improves Digestion and relieves stomach, Gas: Peppermint tea is considered a carminative, that means it helps to move gas through the body as it accumulates, rather than causing bloating, cramping, and stomach aches or discomfort. The tea also stimulates bile flow to increase the rate and efficiency of digestion and promote healthy bowel movements.
It is also a analgesic, so it reduces the associated pain of cramps, bloating, and indigestion. This is due to its calming effects on the intestines and smooth muscles of the digestive tract. Diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, and constipation can all be improved with this tea. Having a cup of tea when you suffer from these symptoms can help reduce them, and if you suffer from regular gas, constipation or bloating, sipping a cup in the evening before bed can help soothe these problems, making it easier to digest and fall asleep.
2. Peppermint Promotes Respiratory Health : You can breathe easy knowing that peppermint supports lung health and respiratory function. Peppermint may even boost lung function during exercise. In a study of 12 healthy males, consumption of peppermint-infused mineral water lead to a measurable increase in respiratory rate and running performance—likely due to increased oxygen concentration and decreased blood lactate levels.
3. Headaches, and Stress : Peppermint is a fantastic natural remedy for tension-type headaches—the most frequent type of a headache. In fact, by some accounts, peppermint oil can relieve a headache as well as aspirin and acetaminophen. Peppermint has a soothing action and is recommended by aromatherapy practitioners for relieving feelings of stress and anxiety.
4. Peppermint Tea for Sinus Relief : The consumption of any warm liquid, from tea to hot water with honey, can help with congestion, but peppermint tea boasts a specific benefit, and once again, we have menthol to thank. Menthol is a natural decongestant, providing relief from sinus pressure, related to colds and allergies, and the hot liquid can also soothe a sore throat that accompanies seasonal cold symptoms too. Menthol, the main chemical component of peppermint, is a very effective decongestant. Decongestants shrink the swollen membranes in the nose, making it easier to breathe. Menthol is also an expectorant. Expectorants loosen and bring up mucus from the lungs. Expectorants help people with coughs.
5. Prostate Cancer: Pre clinical research indicates that peppermint contains a compound known as menthol which inhibits prostate cancer growth.
6. Improves Memory and concentration: The aroma of peppermint has been shown to enhance memory and increase alertness. A 2006 study found that the simple aroma of peppermint enhances memory and increases alertness in human subjects.
A study in the International Journal of Neuroscience found that peppermint tea can increase focus and concentration. What’s more, a study at the University of Cincinnati found that the scent of peppermint was even more important than the actual consumption of the tea. Peppermint diffused in a room full of test-takers boosted their alertness and concentration, as the smell of menthol stimulates the hippocampus, which is brain’s memory center.
To take advantage of this benefit, brew peppermint tea and sip it slowly, or make a homemade peppermint humidifier by bringing a pot of water to a boil, adding the peppermint and covering the pot. Bring the pot into the room you want to humidify and open the pot; the scent of peppermint will fill the room.
How to use - You can make a cup of pepermint infusion tea by boiling one teaspoon of infusion at 100 degree temperature for 3-5 min. You can drink it with powder or you can use strainer to separate powder.
Caution : some people are allergic to peppermint. They should not use this. Peppermint can cause some side effects including heartburn, and allergic reactions including flushing, and mouth sores.
16 other products in the same category: