Niger Seed Oil - 500 ml.
Niger Seed Oil helps to prevent gastrointestinal problems, good in autism and ADHD, fighting inflammation, supporting cardiovascular health, inducing sleep, repairing cells and tissues, caring for the skin, preventing cough and the common cold, supporting blood circulation, and relieving pain.
Niger scientifically known as Guizotia abyssinica is an oilseed crop that belongs to the Asteraceae family and on Guizotia genus. It is originated in Ethiopia, and its wild ancestor is likely Guizotia schimperi Sch.Bip. It was probably domesticated before 3000 BC in the highlands of Ethiopia, where it is still cultivated as an oilseed crop. The earliest name given to this plant was Verbesina oleifera. The first botanical description of Niger was Polymnia abyssinica L. Apart from Niger it is also known Ramtil, Inga seed, Niger, Niger-seed, blackseed, noog/nug, nyger, Nyjer, Niger-seed oil, and ramtil oil.
Apart from their nutty taste, Niger seed flour is a good source of important amino acids. Consuming 1 gram of niger seed flour offers 0.054 g of Tryptophan, 0.237 g of Threonine, 0.307 g of Isoleucine, 0.388 g of Leucine, 0.294 g of Lysine, 0.109 g of Methionine and 0.177 g of Cystine.
1. Heart Health: Niger seed oil is quite beneficial than other typical vegetable oils to improve your cholesterol balance. Just like sunflower oil or olive oil, niger seed oil is also beneficial for your cardiovascular health. The oil is a powerhouse of linoleic and omega-3 acids. When consumed daily, the acids function to ward off the risk of atherosclerosis development. The oil can also fight factors associated with strokes and heart attack. Moreover, the nutrients in the oil do not allow fats to stick on the wall of your blood vessels.
2. Anti Inflammatory: Niger seed oil consists of the good amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which make it popular for people struggling with arthritis, gout, rheumatism, fever, or high blood pressure. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals, which can cause oxidative stress. By its very definition, oxidative stress causes inflammation in the body, thus eliminating those free radicals is a great place to start.
3. Heals Wounds: Niger oil is highly nutritious as it consists of vital nutrients like niacin, oleic acid, carbohydrates, protein, fibers, stearic acid, riboflavin and ascorbic acids which possess the good healing ability. Niger seed oil offers immediate relief from irritation caused due to wounds.
4. Immune System Booster: Niger seed oil consists of certain anti-parasitic and antioxidant qualities which are quite helpful whenever topically applied or consumed. If you wish to avoid several infections and strengthen the overall immune system, then use Niger seed oil on your skin for external infections, and consume it in your food for internal protection.
5. Good for Rheumatism: Niger seeds oil is quite beneficial for treating rheumatism and can give fast relief from it without causing any other side effects to its consumer’s health. Niger seeds have exceptional medicinal properties that have an ability to heal complexion signs of rheumatism naturally.
6. Sleep Aid in Insomnia: Magnesium, potassium, and zinc are some of the key minerals that are found in niger seed oil, and they can also affect the hormonal levels in the body. These minerals can help to stabilize Circadian rhythms and induce the release of certain neurotransmitters that the body needs for proper rest, particularly magnesium. If you are suffering from insomnia or chronic restlessness while sleeping, try to add some niger seed oil and benefit from its many minerals.
7. Gastrointestinal Issues: Processed foods and sugary drinks contribute to various health problems including gastrointestinal problems such as cramping, bloating, constipation, hemorrhoids, and regular stomach upset. Nutritionists recommend incorporating niger seed oil in any form in this regard. Regular doses of the oil will help treat gastrointestinal issues effectively. Moreover, it will alleviate stomach inflammations fighting bad bacteria in your gut.
8. Curbs Morning Sickness: Niger seeds oil do have the nonacidic stability that makes it healthy oil to curb morning sickness. This oil also consists of the lower amount of unsaturated fats therefore there lowers uncommon symptoms like mood swings, stress, and hypertension.
9. Protect the Skin: If case you are searching for a good solution for scars, burns, rashes or skin irritation, Niger seed oil is an excellent option. Antioxidants found in this oil help to encourage the healing process and calm inflammation. They can prevent infections in the skin by increasing the immune reactivity at the site of wounds or lacerations. Antioxidants also neutralize free radicals, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
10. Repairs Cells and Tissues: Minor burns, knife cuts, wounds, bruises, etc. appear a tiny ailment, but they are utterly painful. You can apply niger seed oil on the affected area to speed up the recovery and healing process. The oil contains a high content of antioxidants that will function to impede infection after injury. Moreover, it goes deep inside the wounds and rejuvenates dead skin cells and tissues. Niger oil is also a safe source to relieve pain as well.
11. Autism and ADHD: Autism is a behavioral disorder associated with neurological impairment. A lot of studies suggests that niger oil is of great help to treating the autistic child.
Nutritional Value of Niger Seed Oil
100 grams of niger oil provides the following nutrients.
- Ascorbic acids 9%
- Calcium 5 %
- Carbohydrates 3 %
- Copper 2 %
- Linoleic acid 13%
- Magnesium 8 %
- Niacin 8%
- Oleic acid 10%
- Omega-3 fatty acid 14%
- Protein 16%
- Potassium 7%
- Riboflavin 9%
- Stearic acid 11%
- Sodium 4 %
- Zinc 2 %
Recommended usage: Usually used for cooking and skin care purpose. Used for autism and ADHD - please consult your doctor for dosage.